Welcome to the Women’s Resource Center at San Jose State University!
The mission of the WRC is to support women and feminist students of all genders/identities at SJSU. The WRC seeks to improve the campus climate for female or female-identified students and advocate for respect and safety for every member of the campus community. The center sponsors workshops and other educational resources for people to learn about the issues that face women and other marginalized groups within society, and to discuss how things can be improved to create a place where everyone can be treated with respect. The WRC provides a safe space for people to talk about personal and social issues, as well as a social space where students can interact. The center also networks with campus and San José organizations in order to build stronger connections between the students at SJSU and the broader SJ community.
The Women’s Resource Center offers the following services:
- Meeting space for student organizations
- Lactation room for student mothers
- Lending library of hundreds of classic and contemporary feminist and gender studies titles
- Free Pads and Tampons
- Video library
- Volunteer opportunities
- Safe Space to talk about personal and social issues
The WRC also hosts and/or collaborates with on the following annual events:
- Welcome Back Tea Social
- Intimate Partner and Domestic Violence Month featuring the Clothesline Project
- VDay @ SJSU presents the Vagina Monologues
- the South Bay Women’s Conference
- Home Sweet Home holiday party for student parents
- Sexual Awareness Assault Month featuring Take Back the Night
- Start Smart salary negotiation workshop
Currently, the WRC hosts two student organizations:
The Women’s Resource Center is currently located in Modular B (near the print shop). Please stop on by or contact us at email@example.com!